This delightful combination of lemon and blueberry is a lovely departure from chocolate-themed protein bars. If lemon isn’t your thing, leave out the lemon zest and embrace the vanilla-blueberry vibe.
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup almond butter
½ cup dried blueberries
2 cups uncooked, rolled oats
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 cups vanilla protein powder
3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon Swerve confectioners style erythritol
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 × 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that the parchment paper hangs over the sides. These will be your handles to easily pull the protein bars from the pan once they’re done.
- Lightly rub the parchment paper with coconut oil.
- Combine the coconut milk and almond butter in a pot over low heat.
- Stir often, until fully combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend the dried blueberries in a food processor until creamy.
- Add the almond butter mixture, oats, and protein powder and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Press the dough into the prepared dish and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 20 bars.
- Whisk the coconut oil and Swerve together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the protein bars.
- Chill until the glaze sets, about 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 80 calories, 5g fat, 23mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1g sugar, and 12g protein.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com