In the spirit of the holidays, here is a recipe for wholesome cookies packed with the flavors of the season.
These cookies are made with grain-free flours and coconut sugar to make them more fitness-friendly so you can stay on track while enjoying a treat.
Baking note: The dough expands while baking. Space cookies at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Don’t flatten out the balls when you put them on the pan. Let them expand naturally in the baking process.
2 cups Raw Pecans
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup blanched almond flour
½ cup arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup coconut oil
¼ cup coconut cream
1 cup coconut palm sugar
⅓ cup molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes until fragrant and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until finely ground. Add coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, salt, ginger, cardamom, pepper, oil, cream, 3/4 cup of the sugar, molasses, and egg. Pulse until fully combined.
- Gather dough into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap. Place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup coconut sugar in a bowl. Form the dough into 1-tablespoon-size balls, and roll them in the sugar. Arrange dough balls on the prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Do not press the dough down. Bake for 8–12 minutes until golden.
Nutritional Analysis: One cookie equals 84 calories, 5g fat, 88mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 6g sugar, and 1g protein.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com