Had enough protein shakes for one day? Fill up on these delicious Egg White Muffins!
These muffins were inspired by a swanky restaurant’s fancy egg white frittata. This recipe gives you all the same gourmet flavor with the convenience of a handheld muffin.
Kabocha squash and Brussels Sprouts give stand-out flavor and texture to the egg whites. Dice your Kabocha very tiny and shred the Brussels Sprouts quite thin. If you can’t find Kabocha squash, Butternut Squash works too.
Non-stick, olive oil cooking spray
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup Kabocha squash, peeled, seeded and finely diced
1 cup brussels sprouts, finely shredded
dash of sea salt and black pepper
20 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 12 muffins tins with non-stick olive oil spray.
- In a skillet place the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the squash and brussels sprouts and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir in the tender veggies.
- Divide the egg mixture into the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until the eggs have set.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutritional Analysis:49 calories, 1g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 88mg sodium, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, and 8g protein