There are endless combinations of flavors and ingredients that you could put into a savory breakfast skillet, so don’t feel that you must follow my suggestions below. Use your favorite breakfast meat, veggies, spices and herbs to create a breakfast skillet that is uniquely suited to your taste.
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 (12.8 oz) package chicken apple sausage, chopped
½ cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons chives, minced
¾ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the coconut oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often, until browned. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Leave the drippings in the pan.
- Whisk the eggs, nutritional yeast, garlic, parsley, chives, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl until frothy.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet. Sprinkle the sausage over the eggs. Cover with the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with the red pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and set. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis:One serving equals: 326 calories, 16g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 843mg sodium, 4g fiber, and 31g protein
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com